Pages

Tuesday 26 January 2016

Summer Learning Journey - Day 13

For day 13, I had to imagine that I am visiting my country (Malaysia) on their national day. I had to choose what I would eat, what I would see and what I would do to celebrate the day.

The national day in Malaysia is called Hari Merdeka or Independence Day. It is celebrated every year on 31 August. I have seen what Nasi Lemak looks like, so I probably would have that. I would see a lot of military men and women in Malaysia who participate in the parades.
I would also go to the concerts to celebrate the day!

1 comment:

  1. Happy (Malaysian) Independence Day, Sajiha! It's great to see that you are using your imagination to figure out what it might be like to be in Malaysia to celebrate Hari Merdeka. I would also imagine that the parades would be incredible.

    It looks like they have huge crowds of people who come to watch the military men and women march down the street. Have you ever seen a military parade? The closest thing that I have seen to a military parade is an Anzac Day ceremony. Do you and your family ever attend Anzac Day ceremonies? In Canada, we celebrate and remember those who have fought for their countries on 11 November. We call it Remembrance Day.

    Looking forward to seeing where your journey takes you next! Keep up the great work. You are doing so well :-).

    Cheers,

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete