Pages

Saturday 23 July 2016

Winter Learning Journey - D7 - Bonus Activity

This year two new sports are being added to the Paralympic Games. They are canoeing and triathlon. In the triathlon the athletes must swim 750 metres, cycle for 20 kilometres, and then run for 5 kilometres. Paralympic athletes may also compete in other sports including archery, boccia, football, judo, powerlifting, rowing, sailing, swimming, sitting volleyball, track cycling, wheelchair basketball, wheelchair fencing, wheelchair rugby, and wheelchair tennis.

For my last and bonus activity, my task was to imagine that I am on the Paralympic Committee and I have been asked to create one new sport to add to the competition for this year.

  1. The sport I have created is called Wheel Chair Netball. I realised that there is wheelchair basketball, wheelchair fencing and wheelchair rugby but no Wheel Chair netball. Netball is one of the most well known and I thought it might be helpful if it was included in the Paralympic Games.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sajiha, I really like how you have explained why you choose to make up Wheel Chair Netball. Maybe you should of put some rules on your blog post so people will know how to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete