Pages

Thursday 14 January 2016

Summer Learning Journey - Day 6

I am now up to day 6 of my Summer Learning Journey. I have only been in Malaysia for one day. My task was to imagine myself visiting a restaurant with my family for breakfast.
In Malaysia, they normally eat these types of food for breakfast:
1. Fried Noodles
2. Nasi Lemak 
3. Nasi Lemak #2




Here are some photos:






The breakfast food in Malaysia is far different from the food we have for breakfast in New Zealand. Usually New Zealanders have are toast, porridge, milo and baked beans. Malaysian food is particularly fried and steamed, while our food isn't... I wouldn't really eat Malaysian breakfast food regularly. It is something that I would rather have for Lunch or Dinner. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sajiha. Its so interesting to read about the differences between breakfast food in Malaysia and New Zealand - personally, I really like having porridge in the morning. The pictures that you've posted are great and the food looks delicious. I hope you get a chance to try Malaysian food sometime. The friend noodles are my favourite!! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sajiha,

    I must admit that I, too, am a fan of the breakfast foods that are common in New Zealand. My absolute favourite breakfast foods are fresh fruits, yoghurt and muesli. If I am going to treat myself I'll take the time to make poached eggs and to toast thick slices of wholemeal bread from the local bakery. Yumm...(this blog is actually making me very hungry!)

    I do appreciate, however, that the traditional Malaysian meals can be quite healthy and varied (if you avoid the fried foods). I am a huge fan of Nasi Goreng and ate it every day when I was in Bali last July. We were there for 30 days so that was a lot of Nasi Goreng! Are there any foods that you could eat every single day for a whole month? Pizza? Pies? Fresh fruit? What would you choose if you had to pick one food and eat it every day for 30 days?

    Hope that you are currently enjoying some delicious food and special time with your family. It's great to know that we still have another few weeks before school starts. There is still plenty of time to relax, get ready for the new year and blog with us!

    Bon appetite,

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete