Pages

Tuesday 26 January 2016

Summer Learning Journey - Day 9

For day 9, I had to think about my school and what I typically do in a day. I had to compare it with the diary of the student from the country that I am visiting. (Malaysia) What is similar between my two school days? What is different? I had to also answer these questions:

  1. The name of the country that I are visiting
  2. Whether I would rather go to school in New Zealand or in that country and why.

The name of the country that I am visiting is Malaysia. I would rather go to school in New Zealand. I find Malaysia schools rather quiet complicating and busy. New Zealand schools are much easier to understand and I'm already so used to everything here. Yes, it would be quiet interesting to go to school in Malaysia, but at the same time, I don't really want to be confused in everything there and it would take a very long time for me to adapt there. (Language)

1 comment:

  1. Sajiha, I think that you have really carefully considered what it would mean to go to school in Malaysia. It would be quite a shock to the system and it would take a long time for you to adapt to a new culture and new language. There are some great English-medium schools in Malaysia that you could attend. It might make the transition a little bit easier. Two of my best friends were recently teaching at an international school in Bandar Sunway (a city just outside of Kuala Lumpur) and they taught the students lessons in English. I went to visit them and it was really interesting to see how different their school was to ours.

    Firstly, their school was attached to a large shopping mall and the students could walk from their classes, through the mall, and home. Secondly, the school was also quite small and, thirdly, all of the classrooms had big windows so you could see everything that was happening when you walked by.

    I think that they really enjoyed it but they did struggle to communicate with the students, at times, because many of them came from countries where English was not the first language spoken. I think that we are very lucky to live in New Zealand and to have such a good schooling system here.

    Speaking of school, I hope that your first day goes really well next week. It's almost time for the new year to begin. Are you excited?

    Best,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete