Pages

Wednesday 13 January 2016

Summer Learning Journey - Day 5

For day 5 of my Summer Learning Journey, I had to read phrases on how to say hello and ask for directions in the correct language. I had to then write a poem about how I might feel if I was standing in an airport in a foreign country and I didn’t speak the language. Here is my short poem that describes how I might have been feeling (i.e. excited, happy, scared, nervous, etc).

My expectations were no where near the reality I was in
"What if I say something wrong and embarrass myself to the core?"
Questions and questions kept on popping in my head
Making me lose nearly all my confidence

My brain wanted to be back in NZ
While my heart wanted to have an epic adventure in Malaysia
I just wanted all the confusion and curiosity...
To Vanish!


1 comment:

  1. Dear Sajiha,

    What a beautiful and emotive poem you have written. It so clearly captures and projects the feelings that you might have upon arriving in a brand new, exotic country! I really enjoyed reading it. Do you have a lot of experience writing poetry?

    I can certainly relate to many of the feelings that you wrote about in your poem. I have had the privilege of traveling to Kuala Lumpur and it was a bit of a nerve wracking experience, however, once I arrived and got settled in I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the country. It is one of the most interesting places that I have ever been!

    I love that you have chosen to go to Malaysia on the Summer Learning Journey and that you are so actively participating in the programme. As it stands you are the second most active blogger from Panmure Bridge School. Way to go!!

    I've recently updated the 'Participation and Awards' tab of the Summer Learning Journey website to display the names of the most active bloggers from your school. If you'd like to see who else is actively blogging (and in 1st and 3rd place) please feel free to check it out!

    Next Tuesday (19 January) it will be the end of Week 2 and I will re-calculate the scores for all participants and post the 'Top 3' once again. I hope to see your name amongst the three and, perhaps, even in the very top position!!

    Congratulations again on doing so well and blogging so much!

    Cheers,

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete