Pages

Thursday 14 January 2016

Summer Learning Journey - Day 5 bonus

I decided to complete an extra bonus activity for Day 5. In this activity I had to choose five of the words or phrases in my table of words and translate them into Māori or into a Pasifika language of my choice (i.e. Tonga, Samoan, Niuean, etc). I decided to translate my 5 words in Maori:

I would like a taxi - E rite ahau he tēkihi
Do you speak English - E korero koe Ingarihi ?
Is there a phone I could use - He reira he waea i taea e ahau te whakamahi i
How much does it cost - Kia pehea te nui e te reira utu
Thank You - Mauruuru




3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Sajiha,

    I love to see that you have chosen to translate the five statements into Te Reo. My son, Aronui, is half Maori and he was just reading your post over my shoulder. He's only 5 but he's learning Te Reo from his aunties and he loves to speak it at home. I am Canadian so I don't yet speak Maori fluently but I am doing my very best to learn from him and to practice my pronunciation. It's pretty difficult for me!

    Do you speak Te Reo or any other languages? In Canada, English and French are our two national languages and I speak a little bit of French. If I was still living in Canada I would need to be bilingual in order to work in Ottawa (my home town) because it is the capital city of the Canada and it is right on the border between Ontario and our french-speaking province, Quebec. I wonder what languages people commonly speak in Malaysia? I would imagine that most would speak Malay and that one would speak Thai, Vietnamese and/or other Indonesian and Filipino languages. Perhaps you will discover more about the languages of Malaysia as you travel through the country this week...

    Safe travels :)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sajiha,

    I really like your English to Maori translations. I did the same think as well but I picked different words. The ones we did the same seem to be written out differently witch site did you get yours from? Anyways I love how you added thank you last ( nice touch! )

    From Zeba

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sajiha,

    I really like your English to Maori translations. I did the same think as well but I picked different words. The ones we did the same seem to be written out differently witch site did you get yours from? Anyways I love how you added thank you last ( nice touch! )

    From Zeba

    ReplyDelete