Pages

Thursday 25 August 2016

Magic Box Poem





I will put into the box …  
The love that a mother has for her child,
A precious diamond ring that is longing for me in the store of ‘Pascoes’
The first snowflakes in Winter that are white as clear crystal

I will put into the box …
A slice of fresh watermelon that was once grown in a country farm,
A white bed that is soft as the marshmallow clouds in the baby blue sky,
A pinch of the rough sand from Kabul

I will put into the box …
The greet of the elegant birds that chirp in the bright sunrise,
The heart-touching lyrics of my favourite song,
And the jumps of a gentle dolphin in the seas of Hawaii

My box is fashioned with happiness, loyalty and contentment with a diamond lock on the lid to keep all my valuable memories together.

Its hinges are made out of rare and special gold.

I shall share my valuable memories in my box to the next and the next and the next generation, for they are worth sharing.  


This is my Magic Box version of Kin Nisbett's original Magic Box poem. We had to paint a picture in our audience's mind by using special language features. 

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous poem Sajiha! You have painted a very clear picture with your words. I really like the line 'I shall share my valuable memories in my box to the next and the next and the next generation, for they are worth sharing.' This is very powerful!

    ReplyDelete