Pages

Thursday 23 July 2015

Word Study


Interesting word
The meaning (in your own words
A google drawing to show the word’s meaning
The interesting word in a sentence
Synonyms (words that mean the same)

Heal
To make a wound or injury of a person healthy again.
A plant can heal any injury or wound on someone.
Cure, Treat, Recover

Medicinal

Having healing properties
  Jake chose a medicinal plant to research about
Healing, remedial
weeds
A unwanted wild plant that grows anywhere and can destroy other plants
I was weeding a nasty weed
No synonyms
ointment
A preparation that is smooth and oily which is rubbed onto skin for medicinal purposes.
I created an ointment to help my skin become soft.
Lotion, balm
shelter
A place giving protection from dangerous weather
I sat in the shade shelter to keep myself away from the sun
protect, shield

This is my word study task. I have included a meaning for each word, a picture, a sentence example and synonyms for the word.  

No comments:

Post a Comment