Pages

Thursday 4 September 2014

Recount With A Twist

“Hooray!” I screamed in excitement. My friends and I had agreed to go shopping in the weekend. It was not just any kind of shopping. We we’re going to our favourite places.

The huge day had come. We all decided to meet at the first ever shop we knew. It may sound like a normal shopping day but it wasn’t, it was like shopping around the whole entire world!

Once we all met up, we just couldn’t stop chatting. I thought we were going to spend the whole day screaming and shouting at each other, talking about all the crazy things that had happened during the week.

An hour had already passed. I showed my friends the time, we had taken so long and were wasting valuable shopping time. They couldn’t believe the time that we had spent standing and shouting at eachother. I had to force them to stop talking and get on with our shopping. It may have taken long and I may have lost my voice but it was worth it, we were finally moving.

My friends and I had finally arrived at our destination. We were sprinting to our favourite shop until..
A fat rich man stepped in front of me. I could tell he was rich by the type of clothes he was wearing.

‘Umm excuse me?” I said softly at the huge man.
“Congratulations!” the man said.
`I had no idea what was going on. My friends had run off to the shops not caring about anything.
“Why are you congratulating me?” I asked the rich man.
“Because you get to buy anything you want and I’ll paying for everything!”. The man said proudly.
I didn’t even care about who he was or how I could buy anything I wanted, all I cared about was SHOPPING! I sprinted as fast as I could to find my friends and told them everything. We then rushed to the rich man and bought nearly anything we saw.
“How much money do you even have?” I questioned him.
“Don’t you know, I’m made out of money!” The rich man screamed at my face.

Half of our time had gone. We may have got everything we ever wanted but something just didn’t feel right.
“Do you know what the problem is?” I asked the man and my friends. I knew my friends were just feeling the same as me as I knew this by the look on their tired faces. We all sat for a while and tried to think about what was wrong.
“Oh! I know what’s wrong!” My friend shouted at us. As soon as my friend said that, we all sat up.
“Now that we have all we want, it just doesn't feel right buying everything with someone elses money.” We couldn’t agree more with each other. There was only one thing we could do to fix the problem. We gave everything we brought back to the rich man. Tears flowed down our faces and the man was also sad, he told us that we could keep one thing each. I kept just one of my favourite dresses. It felt like that was all I ever needed!.
That was the best day ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment