Pages

Wednesday 13 April 2016

ANZAC Poem




"The inquisitive mind of a child"


Why are they selling poppies, Mummy?
Selling poppies in town today.
The poppies, child, are flowers of love.
For the men who marched away.
But why have they chosen a poppy, Mummy?
Because my child, men fought and died
In the fields where the poppies grow.


But why are the poppies so red, Mummy?
Why are the poppies so red?
Red is the colour of blood, my child.
The blood that our soldiers shed.
The heart of the poppy is black, Mummy.
Why does it have to be black?
Black, my child, is the symbol of grief.
For the men who never came back.


But why, Mummy are you crying so?
Your tears are giving you pain.
My tears are my fears for you my child.

For the world is forgetting again.



This week, we have been observing different poems and the finding out the purpose for each poem. I have chosen this poem called "Remembrance Day Poem."The purpose in this poem is a mother explaining the
importance of the poppies and why they are worn. The main idea for this task was to remember ANZAC day and the huge sacrifice our ANZAC Soldiers have made for NZ. Another main idea, is to remember the families who sent off their son/s off to war.

1 comment:

  1. Most of the blogs pretend themselves as most usable and updated blogs with new information but sometime truth might different. I want to share some facts related to this subject which will help people to enhance their skills.
    Detox ตับ

    ReplyDelete